Monday, October 22, 2012

BLOG: Letter to Governor Markell Re: Delaware Compassionate Care Centers

Governor Markell,

You must rethink your decision and allow the processes of the three compassion care centers to begin. You do remember, we were there, the sick, the terminally ill, the Delaware patients who told our stories of how cannabis helps us, heals us and allows us quality of life. The law passed, Delaware is a medical marijuana state and we need our three compassion care centers.

Sir, times are changing and Delaware needs to be part of that change. Over 80% of citizens favor medical cannabis and know someone who prefers it over the harmful prescribed narcotics and alcohol. We all know the war in drugs is a dismal failure and many promising futures have been ruined for simple personal medical use. We will no longer sit idly by to watch this antiquated law that big government, big pharma, dirty money hides behind. You are our governor and we trust you to listen to the people. Over 60% think cannabis should be decriminalized, soon that will change and we will voting legalization. It's inevitable, there is nothing you can do to stop it, we should be focusing on the jobs that medical cannabis can and will bring to Delaware!

Delaware citizens, small business owners, voters, doctors & scientist were in a DC court last week battling for the schedule one classification to be changed and offering scientific proof that cannabis has absolute medical value.

I will vaporize and ingest it for my cancer / chemo / radiation side effects. I have learned that science and nature works well together, I have severely reduced my prescribed narcotics and medications. I talk to my doctors and share my healthy diet, exercise, minimum narcotics and marijuana consumption. I take complete responsibility for myself and my cancer and i work with medical professionals, they know that my goal is to be cancer free. I still work part time between chemo and radiation, I am a Delaware minority small business owner and I am a social media blogger advocating for Delaware medical marijuana.

Governor Markell, don't be that governor who does nothing. NOW is the time to step out of that comfort zone and go to battle for us. Marijuana is here, it will never go away, it is not a gateway drug, it is natures gift to those of us who suffer with debilitating diseases. Responsible parents can protect their children from it like prescribed medications, alcohol, cigarettes. Cannabis is a natural plant with proven scientific medical benefits without the harmful side effects of the dangerous yet legal opiates, alcohol, cigarettes.

I will always be Delaware's advocate for medical marijuana, you will hear from me everyday through some sort of social media. Come see me, talk to me, let me share with you why I choose marijuana over opiates. I'm not a stoner and want to get high, I am a terminally ill cancer patient who is vaporizing and ingesting herself to be healthy and cancer free.

I have so many of those standard template responses from your office, it would be nice to hear from you.

Very truly yours,

Diane L. Jump
notwith0utafight@aol.com
CANCERVIXXEN

No comments:

Post a Comment