Saturday, February 11, 2012

BLOG: Chemo Round 4 - Treatment #1

Feb Friday -HELEN GRAHAM 10am arrival time, Karen greeted me, Linda was there and the room was busy. I look for my favorite chair, it's occupied. I settle in go the chair by the bathroom (a strategic move) for the next four hours. All the pre-chemo festivities begin, some blood work, Benedryl and then finally part one of my blended cocktail. Everything went as usual, except now the emend is administered through the IV instead of taking it pill form. Things finished up on time, I'm wide awake and tired, I'm in pain and it's time to go home.

I climb in my bed and I stay there. .. I have to rest up for this weekend. Friday night I sleep a bit then wake up then I sleep a bit then I wake up. Pain, nausea, loss of appetite and mouth sores are what my days and nights consist of.

Sunday Feb 12, 2012~ Happy Birthday to my darling sister Darby. Huck went to work for me @ Deerfield. I gathered all of my energy, took my meds, got dressed and went to work. Its important for me to work when I am scheduled. Besides, it's Valentines Brunch! I walked around in a daze, made a few drinks, greeted and served our guest. After five hours I was exhausted and headed for home.
I landed in bed and stayed there.

Monday Feb 13, Im sick, in bed and miserable. I received word from Chad Livengood about the recent Delaware Medical Marijuana Dispensary Halt. We talked and agreed on an interview. I spoke about how and why I use medical marijuana. I spoke about the therapeutic value and pain relief it provides me. It was an emotional hour and physically draining. I needed to go back to bed but instead I went to see my darling Maddox. Seeing the beautiful baby takes away the pain if only for a little while. I came home and spent the night in bed.

Valentines Day 2012 I'm so so sick, I miss walking Elle in the morning and I hurt. I receive a message in the morning of the News Journal article. I read it while in bed. I hope that it presents well. I hope it views well. I hope the Fed Gov and Delaware find the answers that allow medical marijuana as an option to patients who receive therapeutic and palliative benefits from it.

FEB 15, 2012~ as difficult this day is..and as much as I want to go back to bed, I refuse! I got up today, did my morning meds, grabbed a shower, drank a fresh fruit smoothie and went to visit Maddox. There is nothing that makes me feel better than holding him. I spent the day with Katie, Marie, & Maddox. Just laying on the couch in the same room with him makes my day better. We had lunch and took a nap together. I got to see Mike & Rob before I came home. I walked Elle and landed in bed about 7pm. I am trying to rest, take care of myself. The side effects from this round of chemo are hard. My head aches, it is so sensitive to light, sound. My hair hurts, my skin hurts, my body hurts. I have this sort of vibrating pain that makes me so nauseous. It's inside me, in my back, in my butt, down my legs. I am taking my meds and smoking to help with pain, nausea and eating. I'm hoping this all fades away and I can get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment