Thursday, April 19, 2012

BLOG: Another Letter to DHSS

Pre chemo yesterday. Doctor appointment today to discuss the CT scan I had on Monday, tomorrow I start chemo again, the days are running into each other and I am so sick as I try to manage my disease, my job, my life.

What helps me get through each day is marijuana. It takes the edge off.. It lessens the pain, eases the stress, it allows movement when everything else restricts me. When I smoke marijuana as part of my medication routine, it takes away the nausea... I smoke in the early morning, so i can take the pile of prescribed pills without throwing them up. I smoke and it allows me to eat a healthy breakfast, otherwise, I'm not hungry and I go without eating. Marijuana has so many therapeutic benefits, without the debilitating side effects of cancer, chemo and prescribed medications.

The prescribed medications help, and they hurt, their side effects (diarrhea, nausea, constipation, migraines and so many others) and the pain at times is unbearable. Then include the side effects of the chemotherapy and its just a another nightmare.

Marijuana is medication for so many of us and we know the therapeutic and healing value of it. We are asking for Safe Access to it. Many of us are at risk and are put in harms way when we purchase marijuana. And, we are never sure of the quality of our medication.

The only way to provide quality medical marijuana is through a compassion care center. Delaware has the ability to provide our sick who choose medical marijuana safe access to a quality product. We need to move forward with compassion care centers in each county.

Very truly yours,
Diane Jump
notwith0utafight@aol.com
CANCERVIXXEN
FocusOnHope

No comments:

Post a Comment